"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him." Colossians 1:15-16

LATEST UPDATE

She's going HOME!!! Praise be to GOD, for HE is so good! To read the latest update and see pictures of Harper with NO tubes, wires, etc. go here.

Harper's Prayer Blog

This blog has been started as a prayer book for Harper Brown Stamps, born on January 16, 2009. Harper was born weighing 9 lbs and 12 oz, but immediately began having trouble breathing. Join us in praying for the healing of Harper's little body, for her parents Scott and Kelly, and for the doctors treating. Please feel free to leave your prayers and encouragement for her here. If you wish, leave your name, where you live, and a link to your blog.

Kelly and Scott,
Know that we are on our knees for you praying and pleading for the healing of your precious baby girl. I pray that this blog is a place of encouragement and hope for you - a place where you can come and draw strength knowing that our mighty and powerful God knows you, and knows your baby. He, and only He, is the miracle worker who formed Harper in your womb, and who created her for a special purpose. We, here in blog land, love you dearly and look forward to the day we see pictures on your blog of a bubbly little girl playing with Dawson!

On our Knees,
Ashley Williams
Mansfield, TX
http://brantashleywilliams.blogspot.com/

Scott and Kelly,
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit hemself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:26-27
When I first heard of Harper's condition on Friday night this verse immediately came to mind. Of course, I prayed for her healing...and at that moment it was so overwhelming that I asked the Spirit to intercede for me, for Harper, and for both of you. When our heart aches so deeply and when we are overcome with such emotion....He goes to the Father with groans that we cannot express. And for that, we are so grateful. I truly believe that each and every person posting prayers for Harper will commit to pray for her EVERYDAY until the day she is at rest in your arms at her home in one of her monogrammed dresses.
In Him,
Amanda Rooney
www.rollinwiththerooneys.blogspot.com

T-shirt info.

I just want everyone to know, in case you're wondering, I am NOT, in ANY way, receiving a profit from these t-shirts. The company that we are working with is donating $10 to Harper. It does cost them some money to make the shirts, therefore, that is where the other $10 is going. I know that some of you have felt that myself or Melissa are making a profit on these, but I can assure you that that is NOT the case. The only thing I'm receiving in return is the JOY that comes with doing something to help my dear friends ~ Kelly, Scott and sweet Harper. Please, if there are any more questions, just ask! :) Thank you, Jess :)

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dearest Father, I know that You are in the midst of all that this family is struggling through. I know that Your heart grieves for their grief but also rejoices because Your Name is being glorified through this. I thank You and praise You so much for that! It is so clear that You are working in this because You have drawn so many people from all corners of the earth to lift this family up to You. What an honor to be a part of that!

Father, I lift up sweet little Harper. I pray, Lord, that You will continue to touch her body and bring healing to her. I pray that this time of miraculous intervention will stay with her for the rest of her life, that she may always know beyond every shadow of a doubt that You are with her and that You passionately love her. May her life be fully devoted to following You and to glorifying You as she grows!

Father, I pray for Scott and Kelly. I cannot imagine the extremes of emotion they are going through as they watch their long-awaited daughter struggling for life and then turn around and see the amazing things You are doing all around them. Lord, they desire to be used to glorify Your Name, but I'm sure they would just as soon be able to do it with little Harper safe and healthy at home! I pray that You will give them all the strength they need to be used in the way You desire for them to be used while they are in the hospital. I pray that when they do go home, You will show them ways they can use this to minister. But above all right now, I ask that You bring them comfort, joy, and peace - only You can do that in the midst of such a terrifying time. Thank You, Father, that You give that to us!

Thank You, my Lord, for the incredible outpouring of prayer. Thank You for showing Your hand. Thank You for Your amazing presence. Thank You for showing that we can come together with nothing in common beyond a love for You.

Ann Hibbard (friend of a friend)
www.hibbardfive.blogspot.com

2 comments:

lizziefitz said...

Prayers from Maryland... Dear Scott and Kelly, Please know that Harper is being prayed for here in Baltimore ,MD. I check in on her progress at least 3x a day. She is a beautiful baby girl. I pray that jesus holds her safely as she recovers. I pray for strengh and patience for her family. I lift you all up in His name. Amen

Amanda said...

Hello,
I found your blog through a friend and I just wanted you to know that I am praying for Harper and your family. I am constantly checking up on your blog for updates.

With love and prayers,
Amanda in PA